PROSAIC BLABBER

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Do you SEE THROUGH things ???

Amazing incidents in place today!! I thought they were definitely blog material. Have you ever wondered about how your mind classifies things happening in your mind and prioritize them? In digital terms, a priority decoder is functioning in your mind trying to work as an arbiter for the various thoughts. I guess this is why people refer to it as a thought process. Can anyone refute the fact that you have more than one thought in your mind at any given point of time?

Let's take a beautiful day, you are engrossed in some deep thinking (supposedly!) and your gaze is fixed upon a beautiful and well endowed girl! Once you get out of your trance, you realize that the girl is giving you the dirty looks!! Then you realize that your gaze was fixed upon "objectionable" areas (ouch!... spank me... I am getting mischievous here...). But you realize, hey... I was thinking! You failed to perform the act for which you are being spited for.

This makes you think. How in heavens name did your mind fail to register what you were gazing at? How does your mind put a picture before you that does not happen? This defies all laws of physics. The reflections from the source is supposed to register an image in your retina but the laws fail and you see that you are in a misty place with all the serenity around you! The adaptability of the human mind is commendable in this context.

Nowadays listening to music has become more routine my daily ablutions. It so happened that when I was coding something that was really interesting, I realized that the player had been playing my favorite song and I missed it! I was in shock because I felt my auditory senses broke down... but then I realized that it came back to me when I was thinking about it. Wow! I just had a true fade experience. It’s like your mind DJ is fading away your sensors.

It would be long before we understand the complex circuitry that runs in your brains to perform these feats of miracle. Even if we don't try too hard, we are slowly beginning to understand the multifaceted "mind" of ours. So the next time you give an excuse saying "Sorry, I wasn't ogling... I was thinking deeply", go ahead ... she'll understand....and that gives us an excellent alibi...

5 Comments:

  • good post...

    consider this... some one tells u a story (or u read one)... often u imagine something in ur eyes though it is physically not present... humans have this concept of the third eye and it works wonders...

    understanding the mind... i would say its impossible !!!!...

    By Blogger NaiKutti, at 8:19 PM  

  • yeah man... so true... makes you wonder so many things... another very interesting phenomenon of the mind is deja-vous. How does your mind manage it????

    By Blogger prosaicblabber, at 8:26 PM  

  • fascinating post man...

    There have been infinite occasions when I had my History/Geography Text book right in front of my eyes and yet I was thinking about something else...(cricket, actresses,video games in that order)....but, the converse has never happened at all...
    So, reading the converse happen to you twice was really something...
    I have an interesting fact to share...one reads with right brain and dreams with his left...so, u cant read any words in your dreams...i normally remember my brain only when i have a headache...
    in a couple of deja-vus that i had i thought i remembered when it happened..but, then i couldnt...its just amazing...
    one last clarification..."the girl is giving you the dirty looks!! "...was that "dirty idiot" dirty look or "grr....dirty" dirty look...i'm guessing the former...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 PM  

  • Praveen - Doesn't matter what kind of look but the fact was I was despised at that moment for something that I didn't do !!

    Thanks for the funda on the left-right brain...will use it for further research !!!

    By Blogger prosaicblabber, at 8:55 PM  

  • dei kissna:

    unakku ellam brain irukkarathey nee solli thaan da theriya vendi irukku...ithuley research verey...neram da sami..

    sollamey irukka mudiyile...cool post, da, but..have experienced the same (not the dirty looks part...but music one...) lots of times..

    some of the questions are being tried to answered by vilayanur ramachandran in his research on the brain...he has also written a book abt it...

    By Blogger Pradeep Kuttuva, at 6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home